Wednesday, June 10, 2020

WRITING PROMPT: WHAT MAKES YOU BLOOM


 BUD, BLOSSOM and BLOOM – what makes me bloom?



Creation is a three-step process for me.  First, I get a thought, like a bud of inspiration. I get a spark of something I can get behind … or something I want to pursue.  

Then, I must nurture that idea and sometimes ponder about it or gather the right supplies.  I find inspiration budding often, but I must continue to think it through and allow the idea to fully blossom.


Once it buds and blossoms, it is time to bloom!   Then I will burst forth with new writing, new projects, or creations of all types.


For many of you, the budding and blossoming takes less than 5 minutes because you get an idea and grab a pen and get started.  Others, like myself, allow buds to become refined before gathering the right tools for creation or collaboration.  But when that happens, look out!  Blossoming and blooming are on the way and full-blown creations emerge.


Springtime and seeing the earth awaken with actual blooms helps me create.  I enjoy the satisfaction of a completed job well done and seeing the final product.  Seeing ideas through to completion makes blooming flowers in my heart.  ## END



Recently, I my writing group gathered to share their creativity on the writing prompt "What Makes You Bloom".  The goal was to express yourself with 200 words or less with a poem, story, article, or ramblings related to the prompt.

Thank you all to those who participated and thank you who took some liberties with the writing prompt to express themselves with the imagery of budding, blossoming, or blooming. 

Feel free to contact me to receive writing prompts and join our group or for more information on working with me.





Successcoachjoy@gmail.com  with subject "writing"

Love, Light, and Blooms,

Joy Harris
Success Coach









As always, all photos were taken by Success Coach Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WRITING PROMPT: WHAT MAKES YOU BLOOM

  BUD, BLOSSOM and BLOOM – what makes me bloom? Creation is a three-step process for me.   First, I get a thought, like a bud of...